Моја слика
"Illusion" is a project that was born in a Serbian city of Pancevo located near the capitol of Serbia - Belgrade. The first idea of this project was to represent Pancevo's demo bands, DJs & Rap artists. In the meanwhile a few things have changed... "Illusion project" is now located in Bogotá (Colombia) operating as an independent record label of experimental electronic music genres. The founder of "illp" Aleksandar Narancic met up with Juan Manuel Medina and they gave the whole story another dimension upgrading it to a label that is about to release tunes for free following the methodology "L'art pour l'art".

7. 5. 2011.

Representing you "Crypto Bass"

Who is Crypto bass?
-Haha, you would not believe how I came to this name and one day I should tell you, but it will take long. Cryptobass was a great way to put art out to the public which was easier to remember than my real name. It was a great shield to hide myself behind, especially from harsh criticism, not that I have had any and instead gotten a lot of fans that are really supportive and kind. Do not get me wrong, I try not to take my pseudo or myself seriously and would rather be known for making electronic music that listeners will enjoy. In essence, I am a visual artist, a fine art oil painter, but my paintings seem static and it is hard to express myself in. Just last year I started to change into a different medium, from canvas to computers and electronic music making machines.

How long are you making music?
-November 2010, I purchased the program : Reason 5 and started to make music, so not that long ago. My goal since then is to make at least three full tracks a week and up to one track a day at least even if it is just testing different aspects of the music program.

How would you describe your style?
-I have no clue! Dark tunes are my favorite, but of course, if you are talking genres, I haven't decided. There are many attempts to make drum and bass, techno, house, or just experimental pieces that resemble trance or house. I hate structure in most genres and try to break them by melding for example club beats with house instruments. I have a background in classical music because I played the piano, however, my need for a resolution in my tracks are not always there. I recently dabbled in dubstep, but if I have not succeeded, I have a few good colleagues that tell me my short comings.

Who was your biggest influence?
-Sound cloud, haha, sounds crazy, but listening to a lot of the new tunes out there puts me at a great position to know what direction to go to. There are so many talented artists that nobody knows and it is incredible what they can do! At this point, when I look back on all the music I have heard, it is almost unfair to name one artist. Klute, Aphex Twin, Photek, J Majik, Metalheadz and many '80-90's artists like KLF, Delight, Black Box, Beastie Boys, Bjork are only the drop in the bucket.

What is the greatest thing about music?
-Playing all the great instruments with a program, I cannot play any drums, but I can plug a rhythm into the program and it plays what I imagine -- that is the most amazing thing about making music. I think a tune inside my head and by the end of the day I can have a full orchestra playing all the parts. Wonderful!!!

How do you see the whole unsigned artists situation in the world?
-I do not like the monopoly of corporations on artists. There some open source music alternatives that is making me curious and interested of how a artist can still make their work and get fed. Being signed does not mean much until it's someone like Sony or Warner Bros., but there are so many changes now with the electronic and internet possibilities to spread the word on the music artists make. Consumers of music still follow the traditional ways of getting their music with itunes or beatport, etc. I hope with platforms like this one, maybe we as artist will have direct contact to the listeners who want the tunes. I don't really know.

What do you think of Dubstep nowadays?
-To tell you the truth, I loved drum and bass the father of Dubstep. I didn't like slowing the drum and bass track down from 155 bpms to 70 bpms just so you could wobble the rest of the way to the end of the beat. There are a lot of Dubstep tunes out there that are really good, but most of the ones I have hear that the DJ in my little hometown play in their sets is awful! It is almost a really bad deconstruction of what used to be the propelling beats which came out of the UK. The U.S. loves dubstep right now and it is really hot in Denver, CO. which is four hours drive from my town. Let me put it this way, I love House, Techno club beats and even minimal more than dubstep, only because there are more interesting tunes out there then the Dubstep I have heard.

What are your musical plans for the future?
-I would like to make two to three tracks a day. I have two labels that I am working with right now, but that should be enough for now. I just want to make damn good music that a listener would say "wow, that really touches me!".

And finaly, what is your message for the people reading this?
-If you make music, don't get discouraged, keep making it and eventually you will get really good. If you love music, support the artists that you like. It is tough out there sometimes and PEACE!


Нема коментара:

Постави коментар